Rihanna defends Chris Brown, claims that things are different now

Rihanna has defended her boyfriend Chris Brown following their decision to reunite.

Rihanna claims things are 'different now' with Chris Brown. Copyright [Instagram/Rihanna]

The couple recently decided to make a go of things again after breaking up in 2009 when Chris, 23, physically assaulted Rihanna, 25.

Now, in an honest and open interview, Rihanna has defended her decision to stand by her man, deeming this time around as different.

She said: "It's different now. We don't have those types of arguments any more. We talk about [stuff]. We value each other."

The singer also defended the notion that Chris Brown doesnt come across as a changed man thanks to his very public outbursts- his feud with Frank Ocean being the latest in a string of incidents.

Rihanna says Chris Brown isn't a monster. Copyright [Instagram/Rihanna]

She admitted: "I know it comes off like that, And it doesn't help. For a long time he was really angry ... there's so many reasons why I ever reconsidered having him in my life.

He's not the monster everyone thinks. He's a good person. He has a fantastic heart.

He's giving and loving. And he's fun to be around. That's what I love about him - he always makes me laugh."

[ Related article: Rihanna shares intimate birthday pictures of herself and Chris Brown on holiday ][ Related article: Rihanna papped on the beach with boyfriend Chris Brown ]

This is not the first time that Rihanna opened up about reigniting her relationship Chris.

Rihanna and Chris Brown have decided to give things another try. Copyright [Instagram/Rihanna]

The singer previously defended her decision to get back together with him in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

She stated: "I decided it was more important for me to be happy. I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that. Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake.

After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."

Lets just hope it doesnt all end in tears again.

Showbiz ShockersTaylor Swift, Harry Styles, Katie Price and Rihanna are among the juiciest celebrity stories of the week. EP 57


Comments