Adele Denies Chris Brown Grammy Showdown

It was the shout heard 'round the world. The day after the 2013 Grammy Awards, a photo emerged of Adele, mouth agape, seemingly shouting something at a perplexed, apologetic-looking Chris Brown.

Breezy, standing up to greet the British Grammy magnet with a confused look on his face, had his right hand outstretched as if seemingly saying, "I'm sorry," or "I don't understand," while Adele appeared to be speaking forcefully at him.

We didn't know what was being said, and no one was on record hearing the exchange, but the assumption quickly became that Adele was berating Brown for not standing up to salute rival Frank Ocean after the Odd Future crooner won Best Contemporary Album for his Channel Orange breakthrough.

Well, on Tuesday, Adele took to Twitter to clarify the confusion. "Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually," she wrote. The other burning question from the Grammys was whether the singer has started work on the follow-up to her smash, 21. The new mother told reporters backstage that her as-yet-untitled third album is in the works, kind of.

According to Billboard, "I'm not very far along at all. I'm having lots of meetings. I've been in L.A. for the whole time since the (Golden) Globes, and I will be until the Oscars. I've been having lots of meetings. I've been out of the loop really! . I've been singing my baby nursery rhymes, so I don't really know what's cool and what's not ... I'm definitely going to visit [producer] Paul Epworth and stuff like that again."

Despite limited touring and promotional appearances to support the two-year old 21, the album is lodged at #22 this week and has sold more than 10.3 million copies to date in the United States. And it continues to reign gold on her, as she won Best Solo Pop Performance for a live version of "Set Fire to the Rain" at the Grammys and her James Bond tune "Skyfall" is nominated for Best Original Song at the February 24th Academy Awards, where she will perform the song.


Comments