'SVU' revisits Chris & Rihanna

Allie Pohevitz spills on her 'Survivor' strategy and what was really up with Shamar

Photo courtesy CBS

Dubbed one of "the pretty people" on "Survivor: Caramoan" from Day One, Allie Pohevitz quickly formed an alliance with fellow Gota tribe hotties Reynold, Eddie and Hope but that doesnt mean she didnt have anything else going for her.

Bing:More on "Survivor: Caramoan"|Allie Pohevitz

"I dont think the alliance was based on that, although everyone made it seem that way," says Pohevitz, 25, a bartender from New York. "We just had a lot in common you connect with certain people, just like you would in the real world." Little did the "Survivor" newbie know that her strategic alliance would be her downfall.

We caught up with Pohevitz to chat strategy, alliances, and whats really up with Shamar.

MSN TV: Going into tribal, did you have any idea that it would be you?

Pohevitz: Oh, it wasnt a blindside at all. I totally knew my name was up. I had a big confrontation with Sherri just minutes before we went to tribal council. The whole day, she couldnt look me in the eye, so I knew something was up. I even talked to Reynold to let him know wed have to put t! he idol into play, but we just didnt know exactly how things were going to pan out. And I thought everyone felt so strongly about Shamar, I thought he was a lock.

The four of you Reynold, Eddie, Hope and you seemed to form an instant-alliance. Was it based on the pretty factor?

No, it was just a connection. It was pretty immediate, but it wasnt just the four of us. Early on, it was Laura, Hope and I, but then Laura was aligning with Sherri, and I didnt really like her right off the bat. So we went our separate ways. Thinking about it now, we probably should have played it as a numbers game, despite everything. It was never an us versus them until Sherri made it that way. Because I was pretty chatty with Matt right off the bat, too. But it is what it is. I didnt know that it would be my downfall in the end.

Early on, there was some talk of romance. True?

That might be the case for Eddie and Hope, but even at tribal, someone said they didnt see that being true for Reynold and I. And Reynolds a great friend, I love him to death, but I just dont see him that way. There was no romance there.

Want more "Survivor: Caramoan"?Check out our play-by-play recap of this week's episode.

Sherri said she was playing Shamar as her Phillip. Do you think shell keep him around?

It w! ill be in! teresting to see how it will all play out. Of course, none of us really understood what she was doing why he didnt seem to irritate her nearly as much. But if thats how shes playing, its a really smart move. As long as hes around, hes definitely going to be the biggest target, so it makes perfect sense. But I don't know how long that will last. He was just so annoying to be around, I think the others will want him out.

Was he really as bad as they made it seem on camera?

Shamar was way worse than that. They didnt show it on screen, but I kept getting into these shouting matches with him I couldnt let him slide. Hes honestly the biggest waste of a human being that Ive ever seen. He was just so lazy, but on top of that, he wanted to tell everyone else what to do. Now, I can totally take constructive criticism but if youre a completely useless human being, Im not going to take orders from you. No way!

Would you play again?

Id be there in a heartbeat! Id leave right now if they asked me to. Ive wanted to play since I was 11-years-old. Thats half my life. Yes, Im young, but I really know the game. Im so disappointed I didnt get to stay longer. Id love a shot at redemption.

Survivor: Caramoan airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.


Comments