People: Exes Chris Brown and Rihanna releasing a duet

Rihanna and Chris Brown in performance in 2008 (AP)

Rihanna and Chris Brown are expectedto release a duet any day, theirproducers confirm.

In yet another sign that the two are friendly again Brown sent the singer a birthday message yesterday. He tweeted: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBYN!" (her real name.)

Coincidentally the song they'll be releasing will be a full version of "Birthday Cake" from her latest album "Talk That Talk," an insider told Life & Style.

The exes who split in 2009 after Chris assaulted Rihanna are in fact once again on good terms, Chris' repconfirmed to Life & Style.

But the rep denied thatthey have rekindled their romance. "They're just friends," the rep said.

In confirming the release, the producers, Da Internz, said, "Both our bdays & @rihanna's bday [are] in FEB, & this is the month we release," theysaid: "It's gonna be crazy. And the feature on there is gonna shock the world."

In June 2009, Brown pleaded guilty to felony assault and received up to five years' probation.

A restraining order was issued, but a year ago it was downgraded to a level-one order, which allows Chris to have contact with Rihanna.

Meanwhile, "Battleship" director Peter Berg raved about Rihanna's performance in the movieduring an interview with MTV News.

He said: 'She was great. She has a very strong part. I was surprised no one had ever thought to hire Rihanna. I was a huge fan of her videos.

Rihanna stars as U.S. Navy officer Raikes in the film, which also stars Liam Neeson, Alexander Skaarsgard, Brooklyn Decker and Taylor Kitsch.

In the moviea group of international navy ships come under attack from an alien enemy during an 'international naval war games.'

Talking about her plans to make a name for herself in the movie business, Rihanna said in a

Rihanna in "Battleship"

recent interview: I love doing movies now. It's something I want to do more of.'I just want to pick films that are wise for me and roles that I can pull off, nothing that is too big for me.'

Despite reports that Kobe Bryant and his estranged wife Vanessa are reconciling, she and the kids were in New York City over the weekend hunting for an apartment.

Real estate sources told TMZ that Vanessa won't say if she plans to leave California, but that she definitely wants to buy a place in the Big Apple.

Sources said thetwo werereconciling after theywere spotted kissing after she watched his Lakers game on Valentine's

Old times: Kobe Bryant and Vanessa (AP)

Day.

Why move? Sources tellTMZ that she feels that Lakers fans and Lakers wives don't like her.

Vanessa, 29,now owns 3 estates in Newport Beach, after Kobe transferred title to her as part of their divorce, which won't be final until June.

Mark Wahlberg is giving his kids a painful lesson about tattoos -- by getting themremoved infront ofthem.

!

The a ctor, who says he hassix or seven tattoos, is showing his daughter Ella Rae, 8, and Michael, 5, what it takes tohave them removed.

[All the tattoos] have meaning to me, but it's both personal and professional, the actor, 40, told Todayon

Mark Wahlberg (AP)

Monday.

I don't want my kids getting tattoos. And I wanted them to be [removed] by the time I did"The Fighter"because putting make-up on and covering them up has always been a pain in the butt.

I've taken my two older kids to the procedure so they see how painful it is and what I have to go through, he reveals.

He also said he hopes his kids will follow in a different line of work than acting. The father of fouris also a producer andrestaurant owner

I don't want my kids to be in the entertainment business either, which is why I'm trying to build a lot of [separate] businesses, Wahlberg says. If they feel [passionate about acting], and that's the decision they want to make, then I'll support them. But I'll do everything I can to point them in another direction.

He's also dad toBrendan Joseph, 3, and Grace Margaret, 2.

lsmith@denverpost.com

or 303-954-1207

Twitter: @lorismithdp

More celebrity headlines


Comments