Chris Brown: 'I did not joke about abusive relationship'

Chris Brown has denied allegations that he made a joke about domestic violence to a potential date.

The singer hit back at a claim that he approached a woman with regards to dating her and made reference to his past in a humourous way.

Chris Brown, The Grammys

Brown reportedly asked a woman out on a date at the Profession Hair Care pre-Grammy Awards gifting suite on February 10, and was alleged to have made an inappropriate reference to his past romance with pop singer Rihanna.

The 22-year-old was quoted as saying: "Can I get your number? I promise I won't beat you."

However Brown - who won a Grammy Award on Sunday for 'Best R&B Album' - told TMZ: "That is absurd and absolutely not true. I did not say that nor would I joke about that."

Brown turned himself into the Los Angeles Police Department in February 2009 after attacking Rihanna on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

He was sentenced to 180 days of community labour and five years' probation after pleading guilty to the assault.

Celebrities including Miranda Lambert, Eric Stonestreet, Sherri Shepherd and Jack Osbourne recently used Twitter to say that they thought Brown should have gone home empty handed after this year's Grammys ceremony.

Referring to his abusive relationship with Rihanna, country singer Lambert wrote: "He beat on a girl...not cool that we act like that didn't happen."

However, Brown originally responded: "HATE ALL U WANT BECUZ I GOT A GRAMMY. Now! That's the ultimate F*** OFF", before deleting the message and writing: "I'm so OVER everyone's opinions.. Really!!!"

> Chris Brown: 'Dear media, I'm not going anywhere'

Watch Chris Brown accepting his Grammy award for 'Best R&B Album' below:


Comments