Drake: I make better music than Chris Brown

Shareif Ziyadat/FilmMagic

Drake thinks Chris Brown is doing it wrong. His music, that is.

In a new interview with the radio program "Keep It Thoro," the Canadian "Doing It Wrong" singer slammed his nemesis' work and treatment of Rihanna.

"His insecurities are the fact that I make better music than him, that I'm more poppin' than him and that at one point in life the woman that he loves fell into my lap and I did what a real n----a would do and treated her with respect, so she's not there talking down on me," Drake said on Friday.

Warning: Lots of graphic language

To add insult to injury, Drake then added "I don't want to hear that man rap" before concluding, "Let him put out 'Project X' or whatever that s--- is he's working on and I'm going to put out this real s--- for the people."

Oof! The words come as a surprise, considering that just last month, Brown praised the Toronto native's music on another radio show, Power 106 in L.A. "I got respect for his music," Brown said at the time, adding, "His music's still hot."

The duo's feud is well established, culminating in ! a highly publicized, bottle-throwing nightclub brawl last June. But talk has mainly focused on their rift over RiRi, rather than their rift over music. So here's a rundown of their tune-based trials and tribulations:

October 2010 - Over a year after Brown physically assaults girlfriend Rihanna, Drake, who briefly dated RiRi after the attack, appears on the remix of Brown's "Deuces" track.

May 2012 - A month before their reported nightclub brawl, Breezy and Drizzy join forces on the unofficial track "Yamaha Mama," which Brown reportedly wrote at 14 and was leaked online.

June 2012 - For the first time, Brown sonically spits nails over the Canadian musician, this time in a remix of Chief Keef's "I Don't Like": "They throwing bottles, I'm throwing models. OVO you overdose/ Screaming YOLO, no I live twice," he sang. "YOLO," of course, is Drake's motto.

August 2012 - Drake got his own back last summer on "Enough Said," his infamous duet with late singer Aaliyah. Selling under 150, you ni---s gotta be kidding, is this even a discussion? he rapped, which was interpreted as slamming the fact that Brown's "Fortune" album sold only! 135,000 ! copies in its first week (as opposed to Drake's 600,000 for "Take Care").

March 2013 - Brown uses Young Jeezy's "R.I.P. (Remix)" to blast Drake. "Dearly departed, I bought a plane I departed/ And if you started from the bottom, go on and come out the closet," he rapped, in reference to Drizzy's track, "Started From The Bottom."

Though Drake has responded in interview form, he has yet to release a new Brown-dissing track. We look forward to seeing if he follows through or not.


Comments