Chris Brown: 'New Rihanna collaboration is youthful, sexy'

Chris Brown has spoken about his new collaboration with Rihanna.

Brown described track 'Put It Up' as "youthful and at the same time sexy", MTV News reports.

Chris Brown and Rihanna

Instagram / Chris Brown

'Put It Up' has been recorded by the pair for inclusion on Brown's upcoming sixth studio album X. The 23-year-old previously said that he was unsure whether the track would make the final cut.

Speaking about the collaboration, the 'Fine China' singer explained: "So we did 'Nobody's Business' for her album, and then I wrote a song, it's called 'Put It Up'. It's more of an R&B record.

"I wanted to do an R&B record with Rihanna because I didn't want it to be the same four-on-the-floor pop. At the end of the day, that's what they expect from us, so I wanted to do more of a record that nobody really heard her sing on as far as that genre."

Describing the new song as "sexy", he added: "You know what 'It' is, so just 'Put It Up'."

The singer also commented on the similarities between himself and the 'Diamonds' star in terms of their recording styles.

Ri!   hanna and Chris Brown at the 55th annual Grammy Awards

Getty Images/Christopher Polk

Brown and Rihanna at the 2013 Grammy Awards

"Me, I'm in the studio like [a] ball of energy; I don't really write... I never write, it's all off of what's up here," he revealed, pointing at his head.

"Whether it be rapping or me singing, I'll go sing a melody, come up with a concept and write it that fast and we'll knock out the song in like an hour... With her work ethic, it's the same - she's just as liberal and vibrant. She goes in the studio and it's easy for her, like it's nothing.

"I remember she was doing her album and I was at the crib one day, and she was just recording in the house... and she was just sitting there, the TV was going - [the sound] was off - but she was sitting there with the headphones, singing, the top of her lungs, killing the song.

"I was like, 'Woah, she do it just like me. That's effortless'."

He also teased the possibility of an EP or full album of duets with the Bajan singer, commenting: "[That] might be crazy. You gotta wait though. X and then you get the Rihanna and Chris Brown album!"

Rihanna and Brown - who announced their renewed romance earlier this year - have previously collaborated on tracks like 'Birthday Cake' and 'Turn Up The Music'.

Watch the music video for Brown's new single 'Fine China' below:


Comments