Forgive, yes. Abuse, not again

Singer Chris Brown at the premiere of "Justin Bieber: Never say Never in Los Angeles.

The New PaperThursday, Aug 30, 2012

Will the never-ending Rihanna and Chris Brown saga have another chapter added to it?

When talk show host Oprah Winfrey flew to Barbados for an intimate sit-down, the 24-year-old Barbadian pop star spoke openly about the dark times in her relationship with Brown.

She raised eyebrows when she openly declared her undying love for the 23-year-old American rapper, calling him the love of her life, despite him beating her up in 2009 the night before they were both scheduled to turn up at the Grammy Awards.

LOUD gets Kiss 92FM DJ Jeremy Ratnam (JR) and Hot 91.3FM DJ Boy Thunder (BT) to discuss Rihanna's and Chris Brown's unusual love story.

JR: It's no secret man. She's always been in love with him and unfortunately, she was involved in that bust-up with him. It's just that first love that she seems to want to keep with her.

BT: I'm anti-abuse and I firmly believe that a leopard will never change its spots.

JR: But sometimes love is blind.

BT: If I was Rihanna's parents or her family and I heard that revelation, I think I would just disown her.

JR: I think she has got a mind of her own. I know she and Chris recently spent some time together on a yacht at a mutual friend's party, and I think it's good that they want to rebuild everything with the main word that she used, "trust".

BT: But Chris Brown has got anger issues. About a year ago, he had an interview and he was so angry wi! th the p roduction crew that he bashed the glass.

So I don't think he has changed. I don't think he should even be friends with her until he proves to himself and to the world that he has changed.


Comments