Chris Brown thanks Cheryl Cole for 'move on' remark

Chris Brown has thanked Cheryl Cole after she said that the public should "move on" from his domestic violence conviction.

Cole said that she supported Rihanna's decision to forgive her former lover following an incident in 2009 that saw him sentenced to 180 days of community labour.

Rihanna, Chris Brown
Cheryl Cole in 'Marie Claire'

She told In:Demand with Alex James: "I think it's really kind of her actually. She's come out and publicly forgiven him really.

"I think it's about time we all did if I'm completely honest, if you want my opinion."

Brown took to Twitter to thank Cole for her support, writing: "Your amazing! I appreciate you. [sic]"

He then deleted the tweet and replaced it with another, saying: "Thanks for the support and believing in me as an artist!"

Rihanna sparked controversy when she collaborated with Brown on their respective songs 'Birthday Cake' and 'Turn up the Music'.

Watch the music video for Cole's upcoming single 'Call My Name' below:


Comments