Cheryl: Chris Brown Should Be Forgiven For RiRi Assault

15:54, Friday, 18 May 2012

Cheryl Cole has revealed she believes the public should forgive Chris Brown for his 2009 assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna - stating she thinks it's time everyone 'moves on' from the incident.

The Girls Aloud star went as far as saying that she fully supports RiRi's decision to publically forgive Breezy for the attack - which saw the Turn Up The Music singer receive 180 days of community service, as well as five years probation.

Speaking about the Bajan babe's decision to work with Chris on a remix of her track Birthday Cake, Chezza told In:Demand With Alex James: "I think it's really kind of her actually. She's come out and publicly forgiven him really.

"I think it's about time we all did if I'm completely honest, if you want my opinion."

The Call My Name singer continued: "I work with people all the time with my charity that are transformed characters. They've done things when they were young that they regret, they've been to prison and they're now upstanding members of the public and help our community and are amazing people.

"I think because he's in the limelight... he hasn't had the chance to be forgiven or to forgive himself because we haven't let him. Now that she's come out and embraced him again, I think it's time we all moved on. That guy is talented as ! hell."

Despite Cheryl's comments, Rihanna and Chris recently unfollowed each other on Twitter, after Breezy seemed to offend the We Found Love singer with lyrics in a new freestyle.

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments