Cheryl Cole: 'Chris Brown should be forgiven by the public'

Cheryl Cole has insisted that the public should 'move on' from Chris Brown's 2009 domestic violence conviction.

Cole said that she supported Rihanna's decision to forgive the singer following an incident three years ago that saw him sentenced to 180 days of community labour.

Cheryl Cole - Call My Name video shoot - Behind the scenes

Rihanna, Chris Brown

Discussing Brown and Rihanna's recent collaboration on 'Birthday Cake', she told In:Demand with Alex James: "I think it's really kind of her actually. She's come out and publicly forgiven him really.

"I think it's about time we all did if I'm completely honest, if you want my opinion."

She continued: "I work with people all the time with my charity that are transformed characters. They've done things when they were young that they regret, they've been to prison and they're now upstanding members of the public and help our community and are amazing people.

"I think because he's in the limelight... he hasn't had the chance to be forgiven or to forgive himself because we haven't let him. Now that she's come out and embraced him again, I think it's time we all moved on. That guy is talented as hell."

Cole is currently gearing up to release her new single 'Call My Name' on June 10. Watch the official music video below:


Comments