Chris Brown 'Understands Why People Hate Him' As He Talks 'Humble' Return Following Rihanna Assault

splash newssplash news

Chris Brown has revealed he understands why people hate him and that coming back from his lowest point, when he was convicted for beating up then girlfriend Rihanna in 2009, to win a Grammy Award earlier this year as a humbling experience.

The star talks about his popularity in an interview with MTV where he talks openly about the public reaction to his conviction for assaulting the 'Diamonds' singer that led to him being ostracised by parts of the music industry.

"I can't hate people for making judgement on me, or making a decision of liking me or not liking me," Brown reportedly told the music channel.

He further explained: "All I can do is try to better as a person. And I'm good with knowing everything isn't always going to be perfect."

Speaking of how he rebuilt his life and career he went on: "[People are] always gonna know me for situations and life obstacles,"

"For me to have that achievement [of winning a Grammy Award], and to go through people's whole opinions changing of me, to get personal opinion back and having to gain personal success back it's not all the way back, you know but it's been one of my most humbling experiences."

This is How I Made It, airs this weekend in the US. The interview follows Rihanna's tell all interview with Oprah Winfrey in August where she revealed how she felt about Brown and how she had learnt how to trust him again.

"We've been working on our friendship again. Now we're very close friends," Rihanna told Oprah. "We've built up trust again."

PHOTOS: Chris Brown Still Smiling Through Rihanna, Karrueche Tran DramaAshlee Simpson 'Appears Strained And Gaunt' Amid Father Joe Gay RumoursChris Brown 'Understands Why People Hate Him' As He Talks 'Humble' Return Following Rihanna Assault

Comments