Tyrese: 'I Don't Feel Threatened By Trey Songz, Chris Brown Or Usher'

Tyrese: 'I Don't Feel Threatened By Trey Songz, Chris Brown Or Usher'

R&B singer Tyrese says that he is not threatened by the likes of other singers such as Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Usher, because he claims they are "keeping music alive."

The 35-year-old has been on a five-year hiatus from music and recently released his fifth studio album Open Invitation which peaked at number one. In an exclusive interview with TaleTela, Tyrese discussed being aware of the competition that has come forward in the years he was away and who he feels threatened by.

"Well, I dont compete,I win. Thats just my mentality. Ive never been competitive," he said. "If R&B music sat on my shoulders, R&B music would have stopped five years ago. Im actually grateful for Usher and Chris Brown and R. Kelly and all of the guys who have been able to keep music alive Ne-Yo and all these guys. Im friendly and Im cool with everybody."

Admitting that R&B music needed to continue while he was pursuing his acting career, Tyrese added: "Im glad that theyre selling records, Im glad that theyre winning and keeping music alive. I walked away from music five years ago and if they wasnt still out there,! the mus ic would have stopped when I stopped."

Read our full interview with Tyrese here.

Should Tyrese feel threatened by the new competition?

Tyrese Gibson hosts 'Open Invitation' album launch party...

Drake: 'I Laid Everything Bare On 'Take Care' Album'Interview Time: Tyrese Talks Achieving First Number One Album, Competing With Trey Songz & More! - TVIDEO: Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries Argue About Naked Yoga Instructor On Reality Show

Comments