Chris Brown slams Rihanna criticism: 'You'll respect me one day'

Chris Brown has lashed out against Twitter users who continue to "attack" him over his assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna.

The 'Beautiful People' rapper was sentenced to five years probation and six months of community service after beating up the Bajan star in 2009.

Chris Brown

PA Images / Matt Sayles/AP

Rihanna

PA Images / Yui Mok/PA Wire

Writing on the social networking site on Thursday (November 17), Brown urged people who still dwell on the incident to "grow up" and dismissed accusations that his music promotes violence.

"Don't say s**t to anybody and everyone feels its cool to attack me. GROWN ADULTS!!!! That s**t happened three years ago," he despaired, adding later: "I know a lot of you wack ass (OLD) celebrities probably wanna f**k my ex, but talking s**t on me wont get you far! and to be REALLY HONEST, ya'll wonder why n***er spazzes all the time? (sic)"

He continued: "TWITTER GETS WACK REAL FAST...People please grow up. I've never dealt with so much negativity in my life! It's to the point now that it's just ridiculous! I'M NOT A POLITICIAN! MY MUSIC DOESNT PROMOTE VIOLENCE nor will it ever! Only thing it will increase is the pregnancy rate!

"I wake up thinking of living my life..... YOU wake up thinking of me...U dont have to respect me now... but u will."

Brown has since deleted all but two messages from! his Twi tter profile.

Rihanna claimed back in June that Brown's assault had changed her as a person.

Watch Rihanna in the video for 'We Found Love' below:


Comments