Nicki Minaj-Chris Brown Duet, 'Right By My Side,' Hits the Web: Listen

After unveiling the track list to Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" last week, one of the disc's most anticipated collaborations, "Right By My Side" featuring Chris Brown, has hit the web.

The uptempo ballad features Minaj primarily operating in "singing" mode, with a theme similar to Brown's hit collaboration with Jordin Sparks, "No Air." Minaj chants in the chorus, "I'm not living life/ If you're not right by my side," while she raps in the bridge, "Man the shit that we be fighting over irrelevant/But I don't remember though, I probably hellla bent." Meanwhile, Brown serves as a reliable crooner, baring his loneliness riding the sparkling beat.

Nicki Minaj Preps Pepsi Deal, Consolidates Representation

The rap superstar also appears on the current cover of Complex Magazine, where she discusses a new fragrance, apparel line and her hopes for her new album, which comes out April 3. "My goal right now is still to put out 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded,' sell five million copies eventually, and tour every country in the world," she says. Minaj also talks motherhood saying, "In 2022, I'll definitely be married and I'll definitely have my two children."


Comments