Chris Brown Gets Introspective on 'How I Feel' Track: Listen

In a timely move, Chris Brown's latest "Fortune" cut, "How I Feel," candidly addresses events -- personal and professional -- of his recent past. The track details the singer's witnessing of domestic violence at home, his own encounter with it that fateful night three years ago, and his consistent evasion of the media as a consequence.

"Ain't gon' never do no '60 Minutes' interview/'Cuz I all you wanna do is twist my words up/And all I wanna do is flip my birds up," Breezy spits over Drumma Boy's lilting production. While he acknowledges that we will never forget what he did in his violent outburst -- "it might take me a life time to take it back" -- Brown raps about living from day to day and with no regrets.The song's release comes after Brown hit audiences with a pair of controversial collaborations with his ex-flame, Rihanna ("Birthday Cake" Remix and "Turn Up The Music" Remix). "Fortune," Brown's fifth full-length, is due out May 8, and its first single, "Turn Up The Music," clocks in at No. 27 on this week's Hot 100.


Comments