Chris Brown Opens Up Over Rihanna Assault

Chris Brown has said he is "eternally grateful" that Rihanna has forgiven him for assaulting her.

The R&B star attacked the singer in February 2009 and was sentenced to community service, but the pair have recently got back together.

"I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident," Brown told Ryan Seacrest on his US radio show.

"That time was probably the worst part of my life," he said.

"Being at that young age I can tell you I was arrogant and definitely hotheaded.

"Everybody has a temper, but for me it was not knowing how to control it when I thought I had the world in my hands."

Brown, 23, was put on five years' probation and given six months' community service after pleading guilty to the assault. He also agreed to have domestic violence counselling.

However, he continues to attract attention for alleged violent behaviour.

In an incident last month, it is claimed he threatened to shoot fellow singer Frank Ocean during a row over a parking space.

Chris Brown and Rihanna The pair stepped out together at this year's Grammy Awards

Ocean also says that Brown punched him - but later told police he did not want to press charges.

Brown was also injured last year in a brawl with hip-hop star Drake's entourage at a New York nightclub.

He told Ryan Seacrest that he understood why some people have turned against him.

"People are entitled to their opinions," he said. "I cant go around blaming. Its all about my responsibility and me growing up as a man."

In a revealing interview last yea! r, Rihanna told Oprah Winfrey she still loved Brown and that the pair were working on their relationship again.

The celebrity couple now appear to have put the past behind them, with Brown saying they are having fun together.

"Its still like were kids," he said. "I try not to be too grown and be like, 'Let's have candlelight dinner every night.'

"I try to make sure everything is fun. It has to be fun and it has to be genuine."


Comments