Chris Brown: 'I want to make Michael Jackson proud'

Chris Brown has confessed that he wants to make Michael Jackson proud.

The singer revealed that there were plans for them to collaborate on a record before the King of Pop's death in June 2009.

Chris Brown 'Don't Wake Me Up' music video.

Michael Jackson Press conference and tour announcement held at the O2 Arena London, England

Brown also admitted that he is inspired by Jackson, but does not want to come across as a carbon copy of the iconic star, despite certain similarities in their performance styles.

"My legacy is not to be Michael Jackson, but to just be me," Brown told Fuse.

"I want to make him proud. I don't want to make it an effort to copy because I hate clones, so I don't want to be a clone."

Brown will release his fifth studio album Fortune in the UK on July 2 and in the US a day later.

The performer recently unveiled the music video for his latest single 'Don't Wake Me Up'.

Watch the full interview with Chris Brown below:


Comments