The Chris Brown Biography

Biography for
Chris Brown



Date of Birth
5 May 1989, Tappahannock, Virginia, USA

Birth Name
Christopher Maurice Brown

Nickname
CB
Chris Breezy

Height
6' (1.83 m)

Trivia

Music influences are Sam Cooke, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Usher Raymond, Kim Burrell, Donny Hathaway, and Marvin Gaye.

Wants to work with Teena Marie, Beyoncé Knowles, Ciara, Usher Raymond, Michael Jackson, Mario, 50 Cent, Lil' Wayne, and 'T.I (X)'.

Has one sister named Lytrell Bundy but her nickname is Tootie.

If he wasn't a singer he would be a basketball player or a regular kid.

His mother's name is Joyce Hawkins

His favorite clothing brand is Bathing Ape.

Worked with actor Columbus Short twice: in the films Stomp the Yard (2007) and This Christmas (2007).

Withdrew his name from the list of nominees of the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards as a result of the "controversy" surrounding his recent fight with girlfriend Rihanna. [March 2009]

He and Rihanna canceled their performance at the Grammys in February 2009 just hours before the show started after Brown was caught up in a late-night domestic dispute.

In relation to the domestic dispute, he was involved in in early February 2009, Brown was arrested for felony battery and faced two felony charges of assault and making criminal threats after a fight with his girlfriend Rihanna at a pre-Grammy party.

Sentenced to five years probation, six months community service and one year of domestic violence counseling as a result of his attack onRihanna [August 29, 2009].

Is a songwriter. He also co-wrote Rihanna's most successful song, "Disturbia".

Brown's 2011 album "F.A.M.E." sold 270,000 copies in the first week and became his first number 1 album and fourth top 10 album.

In 2011 he was nominated for 6 BET Awards, receiving more nominations than any other artist.

At the 2010 BET Awards, Brown performed a set of Michael Jackson hits to pay tribute to the King of Pop.

Won 5 awards at the 2011 BET Awards (He was nominated for 6). He won for Best Male R&B Artist, Best Collaboration ("Look At Me Now"), Video of the Year ("Look At Me Now"), The FANdemonium Award and the Coca Cola Viewers Choice Award.

His single "Look At Me Now" sold over 2,000,000 digital copies in the US alone (as of May 29, 2011).

Brown's 2011 album F.A.M.E. went Gold after three weeks of it's release.

Brown received the most awards at the 2011 BET Hip-Hop awards in October. He won 3 awards, including Best Hip-Hop Video for "Look at Me Now," Best Collaboration: Chris Brown feat. Busta Rhymes in "Look At Me Now," and the People's Champ Award for "Look at Me Now.".


Personal Quotes

"Haters keep on hating, cause somebody's gotta do it".

Everything is good, I'm definitely - me personally and mentally - I'm a great guy now. I'm more of a person who is definitely more positive.

I'm in the studio, back and forth, continuously, just having fun. I'm going to continue to make great dance videos and just be me.

The new album is called 'F.A.M.E.': Forgiving All My Enemies. Basically, just being able to witness my success, failure and success again. Being able to see me going from my best times to my worst times and being able to overcome it and growing into a man, as I was doing it.

[on the GMA incident]: Yes, I got very emotional and I apologize for acting like that. I felt like, 'OK, they told us this just so they can get us on the show so they can exploit me.' I kind of took it very, very hard. And I kept my composure throughout the interview, although you could see me upset, you know. I kept my composure and did my performances, and when I got back, I just let off, like, steam in the back.

[on writing the song "Disturbia" which he later gave to Rihanna] It's fun being creative and even if you have a concept in your head to write about, you can write it and give it to someone else because it might not personally fit you, but it might be an idea you have. So with (Rihanna) that was an idea I had. I just wanted to go totally left and kind of weird, and that's what I threw at her. (2008).


Where Are They Now

(February 2007) Filming a new movie alongside Columbus Short. It's called This Christmas (2007).

(February 2007) Recording a new album entitled "Exclusive" which will be released this fall.

(February 2007) Appears in GAP's newest spring collection for its khakis, named "Khakis With Attitude" and will run in magazines such as Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, GQ, Allure, Glamour, and Lucky in their March issue.

(April 2008) Working on an extension to his sophomore album, "Exclusive" will be released June 3. Featuring the hit, "Forever."

(April 2008) Just finished a successful concert tour for "Exclusive." The concert also headlined Bow Wow, with opening acts by Sean Kingston, Shop Boyz, Lil Mama, Hurricane Chris, and other special guests.

Comments